Best Best dog-friendly pubs
We've tracked down the best places to settle in with a pint and some good food that welcomes your dog too.
- Fountaine Inn, Linton in Craven
- One of the prettiest pubs in the county, sitting as it does on the village green complete with babbling brook and ducks! Great atmosphere, food and beer – and your canine chum is welcome too.
- Cricket Inn, Totley
- ‘Dogs, kids and muddy boots welcome’ is the sign over the door of this handsome pub in a leafy Sheffield suburb – so there’s much to recommend it. On a fine day sit in the garden with a pint of Richard Hawley ale and watch the cricket. Perfect.
- Crown Hotel, Middlesmoor, Nidderdale
- Reassuringly traditional 17th century boozer in glorious Nidderdale with outstanding views over Gouthwaite Reservoir, plus good pub grub and an excellent pint of Thwaites Wainwright.
- White Swan Inn, Pickering
- This elegant, atmospheric old coaching inn is always worth a visit; sitting in one of the two bar rooms with a pint and the paper is always a pleasure – and you don’t have to keep Fido in the car – he’s more than welcome.
- Anvil Inn, Sawdon, Scarborough
- There’s a great atmosphere in this old pub – in part down to the blacksmith’s bits and bobs by the original fireplace – but mostly it’s the warm welcome from Alex and Mark plus fabulous food of course.