Best Best Eats on the Coast
We've a fabulous coastline landing prime fish and shellfish and the best of the restaurants on the coast make the best use of prime produce whether it's dressed crab at the Magpie or fish night at the Bridge Cottage Bistro at Sandsend. Here are five of our favourites.
- Star Inn the Harbour, Whitby
- Andrew Pern of the famed Star in at Harome now has this outpost in Whitby, right by the harbour.
- Eat Me Cafe , Scarborough
- We've found Scarborough hard to love for eating out, but this fabulous caff blew us away. From Tin Plate lunches, omelettes, burgers, rarebits and pies - it hits the spot every time.
- Bridge Cottage Bistro, Sandsend
- When the sun shines you can sit beneath a parasol among drifts of lavender and enjoy a light lunch then come the evening, cosy up inside for Alex Perkins top fish dishes.
- Magpie Cafe, Whitby
- Everyone knows it, everyone writes about it, and it remains Whitby's best chippie and a lot more besides. Brave the queues and bag a table for what remains the best fish and chips in town.
- Ship Inn, Port Mulgrave
- Not really an inn, though they are licensed but a special little tearoom with soup, scones, jam and cream, great cakes and a fire to sit around. On sunny days there's a pretty garden too